FREE Five Little Pumpkins Sitting on the Gate Poem and Colouring Sheet

Facebook Pinterest Chirp Graphics TeachersPayTeachers Teacher's Notebook Image Map

  Halloween is almost here say, "Hurray!"  
Halloween is almost here say, "Hurray!"

These are the final lines to the song I taught the kids at circle time today.  

This tune has been running through my head all day.  Against my will! 
You know you're a preschool teacher when...  :)

The other poem I introduced today was the old classic, 
Five Little Pumpkins Sitting on the Gate.

I think I love this one so much because it was a part of my own childhood! 

And even though it's been around forever, most of my little students have not heard it before.  

That's one of the bonuses of teaching preschool!
We are the first to introduce the children to all of the old favourites!

Sometimes I perform this song using magnet or felt/board images like the ones I created for my clip art shop below.


Sometimes I change things up by using my 
5 Little Pumpkins glove.  

I found an old black glove and I just glued a little pumpkin image to each finger.


Sometimes I use the gate that you see in the image, too, but most of the time I just use the glove by itself.
One less thing to hold!

I usually perform the song twice per circle time while the children are learning it - the first time with the students sitting on the carpet while I use a prop such as my 
magnet board images or glove,
and the second time with everyone standing up and doing the actions with me on a bigger scale.  

This year I also made a printable of this poem with images that the children can colour.

I love using printables like this because they remind and encourage students to perform the song for their parents or siblings at home.  

And although my students can't read the words, their parents can assist them if they'd like help remembering some of the lines.

If you'd like a copy of this printable for your class, just
click {here}.

Hope you're enjoying the Halloween countdown, too!

I'm joining up this post with a linky party 
on the following site(s):


Check them out for more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have some comments to share regarding this post, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...